Assistant Catering Manager (Commercial)
Why not join in our vision to be 1st in education catering! Click here to see us in action
Our Assistant Catering Managers support the Catering Manager in delivering a high quality catering service within a busy secondary school or Academy.
With your flexible ‘can-do’ approach and ability to deliver consistent excellence with a smile, we can offer you full training and the opportunity for career progression in return.
Responsibilities will include;
- To prepare, cook and serve food at breakfast, break times and lunch
- Support the Catering Manager in the delivery of any special dietary, emergency and function catering as required
- Deputise for the Catering Manager in their absence and ensure the unit runs to the required standards
- Complete relevant stocktaking, ordering and maintaining records
- Handle cash accurately, ensuring all monies are properly accounted for. Work with Smart Card/Biometric System
- Work with the Catering Manager to effectively promote the service to drive sales and improve take up
The successful applicant will;
- Have an NVQ in Catering or equivalent experience
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have knowledge of and be able to provide good, healthy and nutritious food
- Have catering experience
- Have the ability to work efficiently and quickly
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Have the ability to lead a team
- Have high standards of personal hygiene
- Be open to development opportunities in providing an excellent service to the school and Hertfordshire Catering Limited
- Have the ability to communicate fluently with customers, in accurate spoken and written English – this is essential for the post
Equal Opportunities Hertfordshire Catering Limited is determined to take action to ensure that our belief in diversity and equality of opportunity is integral to everything we do; from the way we provide services to the way we employ our staff. It is a central responsibility of all managers, staff and partners.
This post will require an enhanced DBS checkAPPLY FOR POSITION