Why not join in our vision to be 1st in education catering! click here to see us in action
Our Assistant Cooks work alongside the Cook Manager in preparing nutritionally balanced meals in the school kitchen.
With your flexible ‘can-do’ approach and ability to deliver consistent excellence with a smile, we can offer you full training and the opportunity for career progression in return.
Responsibilities will include;
- Support the Cook Manager in the preparation, cooking and service of high quality meals
- Support the Cook Manager with administrative duties including, stocktaking, ordering and maintaining records
- Deputise for the Cook Manager in their absence and ensure the kitchen runs to the required standards
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness
- Washing up and clearing away
The successful applicant will;
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have an interest in good, healthy, nutritious food
- Have some catering experience
- Have the ability to work efficiently and quickly
- Enjoy being part of a team
- Have high standards of personal hygiene
- Be open to development opportunities in providing an excellent service to the school and Hertfordshire Catering Limited
- Have the ability to communicate fluently with customers, in accurate spoken and written English – this is essential for the post
Equal Opportunities Hertfordshire Catering Limited is determined to take action to ensure that our belief in diversity and equality of opportunity is integral to everything we do; from the way we provide services to the way we employ our staff. It is a central responsibility of all managers, staff and partners.
This post will require an enhanced DBS check
APPLY FOR POSITION