Why not join in our vision to be 1st in education catering!
We are looking to strengthen our kitchen teams to deliver our school meal service to high standards
Our Contract Supervisors supports our kitchen teams in delivering the school meal service to our clients and supports the Contract Manager to ensure standards are met to HCL and legislative guidelines
With your flexible ‘can-do’ approach and ability to deliver consistent excellence with a smile, we can offer you full training and the opportunity for career progression in return.
Responsibilities will include:
- Implement the operational management of HCL’s Food Safety Policy
- Set and monitor standards and compliance in lie with HCL Policy and procedures, including auditing kitchen staff and visitors to the kitchen
- Deliver relevant training and support where identified in any given kitchen
- Work with the relevant Contract Manager to develop and implement strategies for driving sales and meal take up
- To complete all duties of Cook Manager whilst providing cover in any given kitchen/unit due to staff shortages including direct management of all staff as required in the preparation, cooking and service of high quality meals.
The successful applicant will;
- Be comfortable with travelling to different sites on a daily/weekly basis
- Have the ability to lead and motivate a team of staff
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to personal transport.
- Hold a Catering NVQ or equivalent experience.
- Have an understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- Be committed in providing good, healthy, nutritious food
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Have good IT / computer literacy skills
- Have the ability to communicate fluently with customers, in accurate spoken and written English – this is essential for the post
- Be open to development opportunities in providing an excellent school meals service and HCL
- Be able to manage/contribute to a recruitment process with the Contract ManagerThis post will require an enhanced DBS check
Equal Opportunities Hertfordshire Catering Limited (HCL) is determined to take action to ensure that our belief in diversity and equality of opportunity is integral to everything we do; from the way we provide services to the way we employ our staff. It is a central responsibility of all managers, staff and partners.
APPLY FOR POSITION