Why not join in our vision to be 1st in education catering! click here to see us in action
Our Cook Manager leads a team in preparing nutritionally balanced meals in the school kitchen.
With your flexible ‘can-do’ approach and ability to deliver consistent excellence with a smile, we can offer you full training and the opportunity for career progression in return.
Responsibilities will include;
- Direct and manage all staff within the unit as required in the preparation, cooking and service of high quality meals.
- Preparation, cooking and service of high quality meals
- Administrative duties including, stocktaking, ordering, managing the budget and maintaining records
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness
- Washing up and clearing away
The successful applicant will;
- Hold a Catering NVQ or equivalent experience.
- Have an understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team of staff
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Be committed in providing good, healthy, nutritious food
- Be open to development opportunities in providing an excellent service to the school and Hertfordshire Catering Limited
- Have the ability to communicate fluently with customers, in accurate spoken and written English – this is essential for the post
Equal Opportunities Hertfordshire Catering Limited is determined to take action to ensure that our belief in diversity and equality of opportunity is integral to everything we do; from the way we provide services to the way we employ our staff. It is a central responsibility of all managers, staff and partners.
This post will require an enhanced DBS checkAPPLY FOR POSITION