Why not join in our vision to be 1st in education catering! click here to see us in action
We are looking to strengthen our kitchen teams to cover staff absences and vacancies across a particular geographical location.
Our Mobile Cook Manager supports our kitchen teams in preparing nutritionally balanced meals in the school kitchen, as and when the needs arise.
We will also pay an incentive payment of £500 (terms and conditions apply).
With your flexible ‘can-do’ approach and ability to deliver consistent excellence with a smile, we can offer you full training and the opportunity for career progression in return.
Responsibilities will include;
- To complete all duties of Cook Manager whilst providing cover in any given kitchen
- Direct and manage all staff within the unit as required in the preparation, cooking and service of high quality meals.
- Preparation, cooking and service of high quality meals (between 15-400+ meals)
- Administrative duties including, ordering, managing the budget and maintaining records
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness
- Washing up and clearing away
The successful applicant will;
- Be comfortable with travelling to different sites on a daily/weekly basis
- Have the ability to lead and motivate a team of staff
- Hold a full driving licence and have access to personal transport.
- Hold a Catering NVQ or equivalent experience.
- Have an understanding of food hygiene and health and safety regulations.
- Be committed in providing good, healthy, nutritious food
- Be able to work on their own initiative
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Be open to development opportunities in providing an excellent service to the school(s) and Hertfordshire Catering Limited
- Be able to contribute to a recruitment process with the Catering Managers
- Have the ability to communicate fluently with customers, in accurate spoken and written English – this is essential for the post
Equal Opportunities Hertfordshire Catering Limited is determined to take action to ensure that our belief in diversity and equality of opportunity is integral to everything we do; from the way we provide services to the way we employ our staff. It is a central responsibility of all managers, staff and partners.
This post will require an enhanced DBS checkAPPLY FOR POSITION